Saturday, March 29, 2014

Tenth Day Tuesday March 25

Today is our trip to Kumasi and to meet my pen pal Sam Agyapong.  The school is located in a very rural area ~1.5 hours out of Kumasi.  Sam has been my pen pal and co-teacher for almost 5 years but this will be our first visit in person.   My students assembled care packages for the students and also conducted a fundraiser to purchase two computers for the school.  I am happy I was finally able to meet Sam and very grateful to Victor Tsegah for arranging the visit, however, I am immensely disappointed that the visit had to be cut short to only one hour.  Maybe this means I have to come back on another trip?








Passing out pen pal notes and care packages from my classes

Ghana pen pals with Boonville Spirit shirts.



Presentation of the computers.  One computer will be used to teach students computer skills.  The second computer will be used by teachers and administration for presentations and school business.

There are a total of 62 students at this Junior High School and six teachers including the headmaster and assistant headmaster (Sam).


 

No comments:

Post a Comment